Good Pregnancy Eats
These are important questions to ask during pregnancy.
Your doctor’s number one goal is to help you have a healthy pregnancy. Not all supplements are safe during pregnancy and lactation, and some may interfere with prescribed medications.
Be sure to always check with your doctor before starting a new supplement, and follow your doctor’s directions for use.
7 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Supplements
- Do I need a supplement during pregnancy?
- What specific brand is safe to use during pregnancy?
- What are the directions for taking this supplement?
- Should I take this supplement on an empty stomach?
- What should I do if I experience nausea or vomiting after taking this supplement?
- If you are also taking other medications: Does my prescribed supplement interfere with my other medications? If so, how should I take my supplement?
- If you take herbal supplements or herbal remedies: Are the herbal supplements or remedies I am currently taking safe during pregnancy and lactation?
You can save this checklist to the Notes section of your smartphone, or print and take it with you to your next appointment so you can take notes as you’re talking to your doctor. Personalize this checklist by adding questions or concerns of your own.
What are 2 questions or concerns you have about supplements during pregnancy? Let me know in the comments below!