This smooth, creamy dip made from freshly roasted red peppers goes with almost anything. It’s great as a spread on bread, as a dip with chips, or served with baked potato. Roast the bell peppers the day before (steps 1-6), so they have plenty of time to cool down. Then finish the rest of the dip in less than 5 minutes the next day.
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- ½ cup (115g) mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Wash the bell peppers under cold running water and dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Prepare the bell peppers by removing the stem and core. Then slice each pepper in half.
- Place the four bell pepper halves on a cookie sheet and set it on the center rack in the oven. Roast the peppers until slightly blackened on the edges, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the bell peppers and set aside until completely cooled.
- Once the peppers are completely cooled, combine the roasted red peppers, mayonnaise, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until completely smooth.
- Taste the dip and add salt and pepper, if you like.
- Serve with bread, raw veggies, chips, or anything you like, and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.